Purpose and Values
Welcome to the Office of Institutional Equity and Equal Opportunity.
Our mission is to promote an environment free of discrimination and inequity. We are responsible for upholding the University’s commitment to equal opportunity for all members of the University community in academic programs, research, service and employment. Our values encompass equal opportunity, respect for individual differences, accessibility, a sense of community, personal integrity, diversity, inclusiveness and accountability.
The Office of Institutional Equity and Equal Opportunity:
- Handles both internal and external complaints of discrimination
- Handles complaints of sexual misconduct
- Trains the University community on equal opportunity and affirmative action issues
- Develops and disseminates the University Affirmative Action Plan
- Recommends and monitors the attainment of faculty and staff employment goals
- Fosters a diverse and inclusive learning and working environment
The Office of Institutional Equity and Equal Opportunity Values
- Equal Opportunity
- Respect for Individual Differences
- A Sense of Community
- Personal Integrity